As with your website, a video is just a tool in the tool-kit. It’s how you make it and what you do with it that will bring you real success and a return on your investment.
You will no doubt have heard by now that video is an essential communication tool, in marketing and other areas. However, there are so many platforms, styles of video and even shapes and sizes of video that really should be considered before you begin to storyboard your ideas.
Anyone making a film for you, should be helping you to imagine how that film could be used inside a wider communications campaign.
Making films can be a big investment and, as with all investments, you want it to give you a return. So let’s take a look at some of questions you should be considering.
- What issue am I addressing with this film: Is it a sales tool, a learning tool, an information tool?
- Who is my audience for this film: Customers, Employees, Partners?
- Where and how do they connect with us: On our website, on social media, face-to-face?
- Does this film convey a compelling story that engages your audience?
- How do they receive and assimilate communication?
- Can this film be used effectively on multiple channels, or can it be produced in a way that can be broken up into different clips for different channels?
- Does this film have longevity, or will we need to be updated regularly?
- Can we take the themes of this film and grow that into a wider comms campaign; perhaps a print, web or experiential campaign, maybe?
- How does this film fit into our wider communications with this audience?
- Is the film on brand, in our tone of voice and does it connect with our audience?
Of course, there are plenty more questions we would ask and plenty more answers too. Our intention in this short piece is simply to help you imagine this film in a wider context, delivering a greater ROI than most corporate films.
The tools in your tool-kit are only as good as the craftsman or woman using them.
For more information on how to develop a wider communications campaign, take a look at the website and give us a call.